"Harbor from Neck" (Photo by Bart Snow): A view of Marblehead and the Harbor as seen from Marblehead Neck.
"Old Town House" (Photo by Bart Snow): The Old Town House, built in 1727, is often referred to as "Marblehead's Cradle of Liberty" for the many pre-revolutionary war meetings held there. It is one of the oldest town halls in America that has been in continuous use.
"A Moonlight Sail" (Photo by Rob Kipp): A moonlight sail on Marblehead Harbor.
"A Stroll in the Mist" (Photo by Rob Kipp): A stroll down Front Street towards the fishermen's landing and the harbor.
"An Angry Sea" (Photo by Rob Kipp): A wave crashes against the rocks off of Chandler Hovey Park. Marblehead Light Tower stands tall in the background.
"Concert at Crocker Park" (Photo by Herb Goldberg): Music fills the warm summer air during a concert at Crocker Park.
"Fisherman on Devereux" (Photo by Rob Kipp): A fisherman spends a quiet early-evening surfcasting for stripers off Devereux Beach.
"Full Moon over Abbot Hall" (Photo by Rob Kipp): A full moon over Abbot Hall casts light onto Marblehead Harbor.
"Lobster Traps" (Photo by Rob Kipp): Lobster traps ready for dropping to catch one of New England's favorite dishes.
"Powder House" (Photo by Bart Snow): The Powder House on Green Street, then known as Ferry Road, was built in 1755 to provide storage for muskets and ammunition. One of only three pre-Revolutionary powder houses in the country still standing, Marblehead's is a unique circular structure built out of brick. It was used for powder storage during the French and Indian War, the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812.
"Redd's Pond Reflection" (Photo by Rob Kipp): A pond-side residence casts a reflection on Redd's Pond. Redd's Pond is named after Marblehead resident Wilmont Redd, better known as "Mammy" Redd. "Mammy" Redd was arrested during the time of the Salem Witch Trials, accused of "detestable acts called Witchcraft and Sorceries wickedly, mallitiously and felloniously used, practiced & exercised at the Towne of Salem." She was convicted and sentenced to "hang by the neck until she is dead." Her execution took place on September 22, 1692. The legend of Mammy Redd led to a popular local verse, "Old Mammy Redd of Marblehead hung by the neck until she was dead."
"Snowfall on Abbot Hall" (Photo by Rob Kipp): Abbot Hall, Marblehead's town hall, as seen from Crocker Park after a graceful snowfall.
"Light Snow Falls on Marblehead" (Photo by Rob Kipp): Looking down Washington Street, towards the Old Town House, after a light snowfall.
"Sunrise over Light Tower" (Photo by Rob Kipp): The sun rises over the Marblehead Light Tower at Chandler Hovey Park on Marblehead Neck. The present steel tower was built in 1895, replacing the original structure constructed in 1835. The Light Tower and land under the tower is owned by the United States Coast Guard.
"Crocker Park at Dawn" (Photo by Rob Kipp): The sun begins to rise over Crocker Park.
"Devereux Beach" (Photo by Rob Kipp): Early morning sunrise over Devereux Beach.
"Fort Sewall" (Photo by Becky Curran): The new lookout, constructed in 2016, at Fort Sewall.
"Sailboats in Marblehead Harbor" (Photo by Colleen King): A slight mist surrounds the sailboats in Marblehead Harbor.