Castle Rock Park
This 1.20 acre park, located off Ocean Avenue on Marblehead Neck, gets its name from the castle-like private home next to the park. Once known as "Great Head", Castle Rock was a lookout for arriving and departing fishing fleets and for pirate and enemy ships, both British and French. It offers spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean with benches, fishing and off-shore sailing.
Chandler Hovey Park
Chandler Hovey Park, also known as Lighthouse Point, is located at the end of Follett Street, off Ocean Avenue on Marblehead Neck. The 3.74 acre park overlooks the mouth of the harbor and the shorelines of Beverly and Manchester-By-The-Sea and offers pavilions, benches, picnic tables, restrooms, swimming and parking. Originally owned by the U.S. government, it was purchased in 1948 by Marblehead resident Chandler Hovey, who donated it to the town. It is also the location of the Marblehead Light Tower.
Crocker Park, with some of the best views of Marblehead Harbor, is situated on 2.82 acres of land off Front Street. The site of the park was originally known as Bartoll's Head but was named after Uriel Crocker, who donated a large portion of the land to the town in 1885. The park is home to a plaque commemorating Marblehead's contributions to the U.S. Navy. Crocker Park offers a pavilion and gazebo, benches, restrooms and a swimming float and hosts numerous weddings and summer-evening concerts.
Fort Sewall, formerly an armed fort owned by the United States and used to defend against British invaders, is now a peaceful park offering some of the best views of Marblehead Harbor. Originally known as Gale's Head, it was later renamed Fort Sewall in honor of Marblehead native and Massachusetts Supreme Court Justice Samuel Sewall. The Fort's greatest moment in history was on Sunday, April 3, 1814, when the U.S. Navy's Constitution, being chased by two British frigates, escaped into Marblehead Harbor under the protection of the fort's guns. The "Fort", which was deeded to the town by the Federal Government in 1922, still contains bunkers and underground rooms once used to detain prisoners. It is located at the very end of Front Street and has restroom facilities.
Fountain Park, at one time known as Bailey's Head, was the site of a fort during the Revolutionary War and later the War of 1812 when it was called Fort Washington. The land was donated to the inhabitants of Marblehead by James J.H. Gregory in 1888. Fountain Park is located on Orne Street, opposite Old Burial Hill.
Located at the end of Commercial Street next to the Municipal Light Department building, this small park provides benches overlooking Marblehead Harbor.
This .32 acre parcel borders both Essex Street and Pleasant Street. Its benches allows visitors to relax while paying respect to Marblehead's Fallen Heroes. The park honors those who have died at war with memorials for all wars and conflicts.
Seaside Park, a portion of which was part of a town-owned farm known as Cow Fort, was laid out as a park in 1895. Its 33.7 acres consists of lighted tennis courts, a basketball court, baseball diamond, summer street hockey, winter sledding, exercise trails and a classic small-town grandstand. Seaside Park is located on Atlantic Avenue across from the Marblehead Police Station.