How can I obtain the criminal record of someone other than me?

In the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, local police departments may not obtain background checks on individuals as a public information request.  This is called a CORI (Criminal Offender Records Information) and it is against the law for the police department to give out such information.  However, you may call the Criminal History Board at (617) 660-4600 for more information on how to obtain a criminal check on an individual.