Commission's Office Hours
The Commission's Archivist Office, Volunteers' Office, Conference Room and Archives are located on the second floor of Abbot Hall for researchers and other visitors. Additional times may be arranged by appointment. It is recommended to call beforehand, since we are an all-volunteer organization and staff may not be available at all times.
- Monday - Friday: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Maritime Museum Hours
The Commission maintains the Maritime Museum, which tells the story of Marblehead's naval history. The Maritime Museum is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day. The Maritime Museum is also open at various times during the Spring and Fall.
- Monday, Thursday & Saturday: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Friday: 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm (depending on volunteer docent availability)
Gift Shop Hours
The Commission's Gift Shop is located on the first floor and is open from Memorial Day through Christmas.
- Monday - Thursday: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Historical Commission displays in the hallways and basement of Abbot Hall are available for viewing by the public during regular business hours, as well as the following weekend hours from Memorial Day weekend through October:
- Fridays: 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Saturdays: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Sundays: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm