View Contact Info
How to Reach Us
What We Do:
In 2008, Acting Captain Charles P. Cerrutti was appointed by the Board of Selectmen as the Town's Emergency Management Director and the Fire Chief was appointed as the Deputy Director.
Under the direction of the Board of Selectmen, the Emergency Management Director plans, organizes, and directs the emergency management programs for the jursidiction; acts as the community's representative on all emergency management matters; and coordinates activities of the local Office of Emergency Management Agency with other local agencies having emergency management responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the planning, organizing, and execution of local Emergency Management and Homeland Security activities, conferring as necessary with the county and state emergency management agencies and with neighboring emergency management directors to assure that their activities are an integral and coordinated part of the overall county, state, and national programs.
- Keeps the Board of Selectmen fully informed on all emergency management matters and acts as its representative in dealing with other governmental and private organization concerned with emergency management.
- Maintains and updates hazard mitigation, emergency response and recovery plans for community and mutual aid agreements with neighboring communities.
- Directs a public information program to keep all residents of the local jurisdiction informed about disaster preparedness activities.
- Organizes regular disaster exercises to test local emergency response agencies.
- Establishes, maintains, and runs an Emergency Operations Center.
- Completes and submits municipal disaster reports to the county EMA.
- Directs a training program to prepare the emergency management organization for emergency operations. Attends emergency management training courses and workshops.
- Secures and maintains information regarding facilities and resources of the local jursidiction and of neighboring mutual aid jursidictions for use in emergency situations.
- Attends local Emergency Management Directors' meetings sponsored by the county EMA and provides the county EMA with reports and/or local information.
- Advises the chief executive(s) of needs of the EMA; prepares the agency budget.
- Knowledge of the structure, functions, and interrelationships of state and local governments.
- Knowledge of the methods of organization, planning, management, and supervision.
- Knowledge of the background and objectives of the federal, state, county and local emergency management programs.
- Ability to evaluate situations and exercise good judgment in making decisions.
In the event of a natural or man-made disaster:
- Marblehead's primary Emergency Operation Center (EOC) is located at the Marblehead Police Station, 11 Gerry Street.
- Marblehead's primary Emergency Shelter is located at the Veterans Memorial Middle School, 217 Pleasant Street.
- Marblehead's alternative Emergency Shelter is located at the Marblehead High School, 2 Humphrey Street.
|Acting Captain Charles Cerrutti||Emergency Management Coordinator|