View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am to 12:30 pm
How to Reach Us
What We Do:
The Town Clerk, elected every three years, has a wide range of duties and responsibilities in local government.
- Conduct, on an annual basis, a community-wide census. A census form is mailed to every household on the first of January each year. The census numbers are used by the State to partially determine local aid to our community. Failure to respond to this mailing may result in removal from the active voting lists.
- Keeper of the Town seal. The Town Clerk attests by signature and seal to bonds, contracts, bylaws, resolutions, vital records, and any other documents requiring town certification.
- The Town Clerk is the chief election official. As such, the Town Clerk supervises voter registration, oversees polling places, election officers, and the general conduct of all elections. The Clerk directs the preparation of ballots, polling places, voting equipment, and voting lists; administers campaign finance laws; certifies nomination papers and initiative petitions; and serves on the Board of Registrars.
- During Town Meetings, the Town Clerk assists the Moderator, prepares the voting lists, keeps the record of attendance, and counts and records votes on all matters before Town Meeting.
- After Town Meetings, the Town Clerk submits all zoning and general bylaw changes to the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office for approval.
- Posts notices of all open meetings and administers the oath of office to elected officers and appointed committee members.
- Oversees the state-mandated compliance of all employees, board, and committee members with the annual required conflict of interest/state ethics law documentation.
- Records and maintains all birth, death, and marriage records for the Town.
- Records all Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals decisions for the Town.
Click on the drop-down "View Contact Info" above for hours of operation, phone numbers, and address.
|Robin A. Michaud||Town Clerk|