Director of Public Health
Mary Alley Municipal Building
7 Widger Road
Hours of Operation
8 AM - 5 PM
8 AM - 6 PM
8 AM - 12:30 PM
Dr. Todd Belf-Becker (Chairperson)
Michelle B. Gottlieb
Mass. Department of Public Health News & Updates
The Marblehead Board Of Health has adopted the American Lung Association 10 Tips To Protect Yourself From Unhealthy Air
A Public Health Notice will be posted on this website's Homepage when it becomes necessary to close public beaches because they have failed to meet the minimum standards for bathing beaches. Bathing Beach Results
When We Meet
Mosquitoes and ticks are more than pests. They can carry diseases which can you make very sick. The good news is that there are simple steps that you can take to protect yourself and your family from mosquito and tick bites, and the illnesses they can cause.
Mosquito and Tick Precautions - Video
West Nile Virus Information
Exterior Paint Removal
The Board of Health has adopted rules and regulations with regard to exterior paint removal and abrasive blasting. A permit may also be required under SECTION III - PERMITS of the regulations. To obtain a permit an Application for Permit to Engage in Exterior Paint Removal must be submitted to the Board of Health.
The Board of Health meets at the Mary Alley Municipal Building once per month with additional meetings scheduled as needed. For a schedule of duly posted meetings call the Board of Health Office.
The Board of Health needs volunteers for data entry and nurse and clerical volunteers to help during immunization clinics. Please contact the Board of Health office for more information.
Tips for Buying, Storing and Preparing Fresh Produce
The Federal Food and Drug Administration
(FDA) has issued a publication on Advise to Consumers to Reduce Risk of Foodborne Illness from Fresh Produce
. The publication offers tips on buying, storing and preparation of fresh produce.
Organic Pest Management (OPM)
The Marblehead Board of Health, under authority granted by Massachusetts General Laws, formed an Organic Pest Management Advisory Committee to develop Organic Pest Management Regulations
pertaining to the use of pesticides in Marblehead.
Organic Pest Management is a problem-solving strategy that prioritizes a natural, organic approach to turf grass and landscape management without the use of toxic pesticides. It mandates the use of natural, organic cultural practices that promote healthy soil and plant life as a preventative measure against the onset of turf and landscape pest problems.
What We Do
The Board of Health
- Provides state-supplied vaccine to physicians in town
- Plans, organizes and operates immunization clinics (i.e. Flu)
- Administers immunizations by appointment in accordance with MDPH guidelines.
- Provides blood pressure screenings
- Conducts communicable disease investigation and surveillance
- Performs inspection of food establishments, camps, and massage establishments
- Housing inspections at tenant's request
- Lead paint inspection for rental property only
- Enforces smoking regulations and tattoo and body art regulations
- Offers health education, information and referrals
- Participates in emergency planning and bioterrorism preparedness