Fort Sewall Oversight Committee

What We Do:

The Fort Sewall Oversight Committee is appointed by the Board of Selectmen to develop and update a master plan for the restoration of Fort Sewall and to oversee the Fort’s continued restoration project.

Fort Sewall is a public park consisting of approximately two and one-half acres located off of Front Street at the mouth of Marblehead Harbor.  Formerly a military reservation, an Act of the United States Congress authorized the conveyance of the land to the Town of Marblehead on February 25, 1922, for perpetual use as a public park.

Among the restoration work that the Fort Sewall Oversight Committee has completed is the replacement of the fence, installation of new lighting and burying of overhead wires, renovation of the restrooms, design and installation of points-of-interest maps and renewed landscaping.


To reach the Committee, contact the Selectmen's Office.

Board Members

Name Title
Brenda Arnold Member
Joyce L. Booth Historical Commission
Rebecca Curran Cutting Town Planner
Larry Sands Glover's Regiment
Judy Anderson At Large
Edward Lang At Large